Easy Leg Toning Workouts for Women At Home
Looking to tone your glutes, leg strengthening exercises which you can do right at home. Here is the list of best leg toning exercises that you must try.
There are many benefits of having well-toned legs which not only look good and attractive but also give you independence as you age. Legs are considered as one of the biggest muscles in the body and working out on the biggest muscles requires more energy which results in greater calorie burn. Therefore, It's important to take good care of them. There is no doubt that having strong legs provides many health benefits whether you are a housewife or working hard toward any specific athletic goal, you need leg exercises that are strong enough to carry you through life. Exercises are realistic and functional that they help us improve and strengthen muscles in our day-to-day life. Squat includes sitting down into an imaginary chair, which improves body posture.
People might think doing legs exercises at home is not that easy. Most people think doing leg exercises at home requires a leg press machine, stair climber or a squat bar to burn calories in the lower body. The obese women feel uneasy to go to the gym and lift weights, working womens are busy with their working schedule, nursing womens have their own concerns, homemaker is exhausted with their works at home, and many other women who don;t have access to the gym.
Luckily, here is a list of effective leg exercises that don't have to be complicated and they don't even require a gym membership. You can try it at home anytime, anywhere.
1. Dumbbell Good Morning
Image Source: lifehack.org
Dumbbells mainly target to improve hip and back strength. It will also help to develop glutes stronger. Overall, it is a good method for toning your leg and one of my favourites.
How to do Dumbbell:
- At shoulder-level, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, slightly bent knees while holding a dumbbell.
- Hinge forward at your hips, and lower your torso until it is parallel to the floor.
- Hold this position for 4-5 seconds and get back to your original position.
Image Source: Step-ups Exercise
Step-ups are an excellent choice when you aim to strengthen your thighs muscles. This exercise targets the quadricep muscles that focus on the knee. Step-ups also help to balance the body and stability. The best part you can do this exercise anywhere, anytime, all you need is just any raised platform.
How to perform Step-Ups:
- Start standing facing a step.
- Place your left foot on the step and right on the floor.
- Press through your left heel and bring your right foot up until your right knee forms a 90-degree angle.
- Hold this position for few secs and return back to original position
- To make it more harder, use dumbbells in your hands
3. Plank Leg Lifts
Image Source: Plank Leg Lifts
Plank leg lifts exercise mainly target your butt and upper legs. You will also be able to get help to tone your whole body with regular plank exercise along with shoulders, core and glutes. It also reduces body fat and gives great body posture.
How to do Plank Leg Lifts:
- With the body straight, start with a low plank and weight on your forearms.
- Tighten your abs and slowly raise your left leg, pausing for a moment.
- Lower your left leg and do the same with your right leg.
4. Side Lunges
Image Source: Side Lunges
This exercise is great for tightening your hips and groin. This side lunges workout mainly focuses on the sides of the glutes and quadricep muscles. It strengthens both your legs and boosts stability without no doubt.
How to do Side Lunges:
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and hands clasped pointed in front of your chest.
- Now Take a big step out to the right and push your butt back, lower your right knee until it bends to a 90-degree angle.
- Make sure your left leg is straight while doing this exercise.
- Push back and return back to original position.
- Repeat the same move on other side.
5. Single-Leg Calf Raise
Image Source : Single-Leg Calf Raise
This exercise helps to maintain balance on one foot and strengthens both lower legs and one of the important leg-toning exercises when it comes to preventing any sports injuries. It also help to prevent knee pain. Doing this exercise regularly may increase the size of your calves.
How to do Single-Leg Calf Raise:
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart with arms on your hips.
- Bend your left knee and bring it to hip-level.
- Try to keep your core tight as you lift your right heel as high as you can, balancing on the ball of your foot.
- Hold for few seconds and slowly lower your heel.
- Repeat and do the same for the other side.
6. BodyWeight Squats
Image Source: Bodyweight-Squat
Squat is considered as king of all exercises. It's the best way to tone your legs faster. It does help to build lean muscles, hips, butt even on abs also. This exercise is a great solution to back pain, when done the right way.
How to do Squat:
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart and toes slightly turned out.
- Bend your knees until your thighs are parallel to the ground level.
- Pause for a moment, With your heels try to stand straight back, squeeze butt and keep your core tight as you stand.
7. Reverse lunges with Knee Lifts
Image Source: Reverse lunges with Knee Lifts
Reverse lunges helps to activate your core, hamstring and glutes. This exercise also help to reduce stress on joints and gives more stability to your front leg. This exercise is ideal for those who have difficulty in balancing, suffering from knee problems and have less hip mobility.
How to Reverse Lunges
- Start with your feet shoulder-width apart
- Take a back step with your left foot, bent both the knees to form a 90-degree angle.
- Slightly push your right heel to return to standing. As you get back in position, thrust your left knee toward your chest.
- Repeat this process on the other sides.
8. Curtsy Lunges
Image Source: Curtsy Lunges
Curtsy lunges are an amazing exercise for strengthening and toning your body posture, also relieve back pain along with knee pain. This exercise helps to improve athletic performance and lower the chances of injuries.
How to do Curtsy Lunges:
- Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart.
- Step your left leg diagonally behind the right one and bend your knees to lower into a lunge.
- Push your right heel to stand and bring your left leg back to start.
- Return to the original position and switch sides.
9. Pistol Squats
Image Source: Pistol Squat
Benefits of doing pistol squats are huge. It helps to improve isolation of each leg for balancing strength, posterior chain strength, and increases general flexibility and mobility of ankle joints.
How to do Pistol Squats:
- Stand straight with your feet together.
- Lift your right leg a few inches and extend it forward, foot flexed.
- Bend your left knee, hinge forward at the hips, and sit back into a squat while lifting your right leg to hip height. Extend your arms out for balance.
- Slowly try to bend your knee to 90-degrees if you can.
- Push through your left heel to straighten your leg and return to start.
- Repeat on the other side.
10. Lying Single Leg Raises
Image Source: Lying Single Leg Raise
The Single leg raises exercise benefits and strengthens muscles in your quadriceps and your hip flexors.
How to do Single Leg Raise:
- Start with Lying on one side with legs out straight and stacked on top of each other.
- Prop your torso up with your forearm or rest your torso flat on the mat.
- Lift your top leg towards the ceiling in a slow movement. Make sure to lift from the hip and butt, not your lower back.
- Return to original position.
- Repeat on the other side.
Benefits of Doing Lower Body Exercise Regularly:
- By working and growing leg muscles, you will benefit from a whole heap of health benefits.
- Gets body metabolism better as leg muscles require more energy to burn calories.
- Help to Increased strength, better athleticism, enhanced muscle definition along with healthier body composition.
- Help to burn fat faster, boost calories and create firmer legs.
- Working on lower body muscles impacts positively on upper body strength.
We hope you like this article. If you like our article then Please do appreciate by your likes and comment.