Post Office Five Star Village Yojana | Government Schemes
Post office has launched Five Star Village Scheme especially in rural areas of India. See all details about scheme on Trendsinsights.
Recently, the post office has launched Five Star Village Scheme especially in rural areas of India and aiming for speedily expansion of the scheme so that people resides in the village can avail the benefit of government schemes.
Under the Five Star Village scheme, all post office products and services will be available, marketed & promoted at the rural level and in order to facilitate the post office will work as a One-Stop-Shop.
The salient features and benefit of the Five Star Village Scheme:
- Saved bank accounts, recurring deposit accounts, NSC or KVP certificates.
- Sukanya Samriddhi accounts or PPF accounts.
- Financing Post Office Savings Account Indian Postal Payment Bank Account
- Postal Life Insurance Policy or Grameen Postal Life Insurance Policy.
- Prime Minister Suraksha Bima Yojana Account or Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana Account.
Under the Five Star scheme, if a village participates in any of the four products in the aforesaid list, then that village will be given Four-Star status. Subsequently, if a village participates in three schemes, it will be given Three-Star status.